Assistance with installation and registration of your Output software. Click here to download Output Hub.
Installing Movement with Output Hub
Use Output Hub to download your products in a quick and clean way.
Download and Install Kontakt Libraries with Output Hub
In order to get your products registered and running, you’ll need to add them to your library.
Install Expansions with Output Hub
Use this simple method of streamlining load efficiency to improve your products performance.
Many of our products require use of Kontakt. Download the free Kontakt Player here.
output | knowledge base
How Do I Checkout Using PayPal Credit?When checking out, if you're in the US you'll see a 'PayPal CREDIT' button (circled in green in the screenshot below) underneath the regular PayPal button:Just use this when making your purchase to get all set up with PayPal Credit.The monthly payments are available through PayPal credit, so the amount you pay would need to be set up using the PayPal portal that you are linked to during checkout. To learn more about how PayPal Credit works, please see this page. This should clarify how PayPal Credit works.
I Activated My Library, But I'm Not Seeing It In Kontakt.
This is an issue we've seen in the new version of Kontakt. You can resolve it by doing the following:
- In Kontakt click the gear icon to go to the Settings menu
- Go to the 'Libraries' tab
- Click the box next to the instruments that aren't showing up
You should now see the instruments in Kontakt. For full instructions on how to do this, please see this page.
Can I Use My Output Products Royalty Free in My Professional Productions?
Yes! All of our samples are royalty free. Feel free to use them as much as you want. The only thing you can't do is resell the samples themselves, on their own or as part of any sample pack.
To see our full licensing agreement, click here.
Unsure If You Have an Output Account?
If you previously checked out from our site as a guest, we've set up an Output account for you using the email address previously used to purchase as your username. Simply visit output.com/account and select the 'Lost Your Password' option to reset your password (remember - your username is the email address last used when checking out from our site).
I Purchased from a Dealer, What Next?
Here's what to do:
- Using the code given to you by the dealer, register your product with your Output account at https://output.com/register
- Download Output Hub, launch the application, and sign into your Output account.
- Find your product in the 'My Products' area and click 'DOWNLOAD' to begin installation.
If you don't see your recent purchase, please click here.
How Do I Move My Library to a New Location or Drive?
In order to move one of our libraries to a new location (after you have already activated it in Kontakt), first make sure there are no DAW's open.Mac:
- Quit Native Access
- Next, open up an instance of 'Finder' on your computer and go to the following location: Mac HD > Library > Preferences
- In this folder, search for the name of the instrument, such as 'EXHALE' (the full file name in this case should be 'com.native-instruments.EXHALE.plist').
- Please remove this .plist file by moving it to the trash.
- You will need to enter your computer's password in order to authorize this change.
- Re-add the Library to Kontakt
For older versions of Kontakt (pre-Native Access) follow the steps below:
- Quit Native Access
Then, you'll need to manually delete the following Registry entries:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Native Instruments\*Product Name*HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\*Product Name*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Native Instruments\*Product Name*Here's how to how to access Windows Registry in order to locate and remove the above files:
- Open the Run box with the keyboard combination Windows key + r.
- In the Run line, enter “regedit” (without quotes)
- Click “OK”
- Say “Yes” to User Account Control (Windows Vista/7/8.x/10)
Now you can re-add the Library to Kontakt
1. Open the Kontakt application in standalone
2. Locate the library in the left sidebar of Kontakt's "Browse" view
3. Click the 'gear cog' icon
4. Select "Open containing folder"
[av_image src='https://output.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Open-containing-folder.png' attachment='244243' attachment_size='full' align='center' animation='no-animation' link='' target='' styling='' caption='' font_size='' appearance=''][/av_image]
A window should appear containing all of your library's files.
5. Move the library folder containing all of these files, which is named after the title of the product (i.e. "EXHALE"), to the new location you wish for the library to reside. (Do not move any files or subfolders within the library folder itself)
6. Return to Kontakt and locate the library in the left sidebar of Kontakt's "Browse" view
7. Click the 'gear cog' icon
8. Select "Remove library"
* NOTE: If you are copying over the library to another drive, do so, then delete the original.
[av_image src='https://output.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Remove-library.png' attachment='244242' attachment_size='full' align='center' animation='no-animation' link='' target='' styling='' caption='' font_size='' appearance=''][/av_image]
9. In the same 'Browse' view, click the "Add Library" button
10. Locate the library folder in its new location and click "Choose" (do not choose any files or subfolders within the library folder itself).
[av_image src='https://output.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Add-Library.png' attachment='244241' attachment_size='full' align='center' animation='no-animation' link='' target='' styling='' caption='' font_size='' appearance=''][/av_image]
The library should reappear in the 'Browse' view and will reference the new location each time it is loaded.
How Do I Scan for Presets?
1. Navigate to the Preset Menu by clicking on the name of the preset which is currently loaded. [av_image src='https://output.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Preset-Name.png' attachment='114193' attachment_size='full' align='center' animation='no-animation' link='' target='' styling='' caption='' font_size='' appearance=''][/av_image]
2. Locate and click the 'SCAN' button on your instrument. [av_image src='https://output.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Scan.png' attachment='114196' attachment_size='full' align='center' animation='no-animation' link='' target='' styling='' caption='' font_size='' appearance=''][/av_image]
3. Double-click the '---SCAN---.nka' at the top of the Preset Menu. [av_image src='https://output.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Double-Click.png' attachment='114199' attachment_size='full' align='center' animation='no-animation' link='' target='' styling='' caption='' font_size='' appearance=''][/av_image]
4. After the scan, your Preset Menu will be up to date with all your factory, expansion, and user presets.
For a full overview on how to download and install Expansion Packs, check out this Knowledge Base article.
Problems registering? Let us help!
Q. I got a serial code from a third party; now Kontakt's telling me it's already been claimed. Help!
A. Oh no, seems like there's been a mix-up! We recommend reaching out to the seller you purchased from; they'll have more information on your purchase than we will.
Q. Umm, I purchased your product... so why is it running in "demo" mode?
A. Sounds like you haven't activated your purchase through Native Instruments' Service Center! If you have Kontakt on your computer, then Service Center should be there as well. Open it up and enter your product's serial code to activate it. If you can't find your copy of Service Center, you can download it here.
Q. I got a purchase email from y'all, but it was blank. What does that mean?
A. That we screwed up. Sorry! Shoot us an email; we'll get things sorted out for you.
Q. I can't find my purchase email!
A. Well that's no good. Make sure our message didn't get sorted into a spam or promotions folder; if you still can't find it, send us an email! Please provide us with your full name, and if you can, use the email address that you purchased your product with.
Didn't find the solution to your problem? Open a support ticket!
Expansion Packs FAQ
Expansion pack questions? We've got you covered.
Q. What do the expansion packs offer me exactly?
A. Each expansion pack adds a large number of new presets to your product. SIGNAL expansions contain 100 new presets each, while REV expansions contain 125.
Q. So there's like, new audio samples in these expansion packs?
A. Not quite - Expansion packs contain a bunch of new presets, which manipulate the audio of the base software to create new sounds (when you save a sound that you've made in one of our instruments, that sound saves as a preset). These presets are specially created with a theme in mind; REV's Translucence expansion creates light, ethereal sounds, while SIGNAL's Glow is focused on a dance music aesthetic.
Q. How the heck do I install these things?
A. Great question, answered in our handy-dandy walkthrough video here.
Q. I just got an expansion pack for SIGNAL. Will this add new presets to REV, too?
A. No, expansion packs are designed specifically for one product. SIGNAL expansions will only work for SIGNAL, and REV expansions will only work for REV.
Q. If I don't like an expansion pack, can I return it?
A. Sorry, no, we don't offer refunds for our expansion packs.
Q. So, what is Kontakt and why do I need it?
A. Kontakt is a sampler by Native Instruments; basically it allows people to create digital instruments by using audio they've recorded. At Output we create instruments within Kontakt's framework, so in order to use our instruments you'll need a version of Kontakt to run them.
Q. That's great and all, but how much will it cost me?
A. There are two basic versions of Kontakt: the standard paid version, or the free Kontakt Player. Our software instruments will work in either version with no differences in functionality.
Q. Can you record with Kontakt?
A. Kontakt doesn't record audio; to record sounds you make in Kontakt, you will need a separate DAW (digital audio workstation), such as Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, or Pro Tools Free.
Q. Okay, cool, so how do I add your instruments into Kontakt?
A. Easy stuff. We've made a quick walkthrough video to show you how it's done; you'll also find the link in any purchase email you receive from us.
Can I Install on an External Drive?
Yes, you can absolutely install our Kontakt libraries on an external hard drive. We recommend first downloading the library folder onto your desktop and then moving it to your drive instead of downloading to the drive via Hub, as we've found this reduces potential download complications.
However, if you already added the library in Kontakt then Kontakt is going to continue to use the library's current location as a point of reference to access the library's files when needed. If you wish to change this location, please reference this knowledge base article.
*NOTE: Our plugin, MOVEMENT, must be installed on the system drive.
Where Can I Find My Serial Code?
If you're unsure of where to find your serial code, login to your Output account to view you're purchased products and serials. Otherwise, you can find your serial code on the right side of each product tab in Output Hub under the "Serial Codes" dropdown menu. If you still cannot find your serial code we'll be happy to send it over to you - just get in touch via our contact form.
Will Output Ship My Software Order? Is There a Physical Product?
No. All of Output's software products are digital and delivered via download from Output Hub. You'll receive an email containing download and installation instructions immediately after purchasing. If you haven't received your purchase email, please check all possible names and email addresses that could have been used during checkout. Contact [email protected] for further assistance.
Optimize Loading Time with Batch Resave
You may find that your Output instrument takes some time to load in Kontakt. After adding you new Output instrument into Kontakt for the first time, we strongly suggest that you Batch Re-save your new instrument. This way, the instrument will load lightning fast each time (Don't worry! It's not as scary as it sounds, and you only need to do it once).
[av_video src='https://youtu.be/mMke3RE5T40' format='16-9' width='16' height='9']
1. Open Kontakt.
2. Drop the 'file' (floppy disk icon) menu within the Kontakt window and select batch-resave.
3. Select yes when the dialog box appears
4. Browse to the library folder (i.e. 'REV' or 'Signal') on your computer and choose it.
It might take a few minutes for Kontakt to complete the batch resave. When it finishes, Kontakt will look blank. Load the .nki back into Kontakt either by dragging or double clicking.
On How Many Computers May I Install an Instrument?
Purchase of one serial code allows for installation on two machines at once as long as both machines use the same NI Native Access account.
Why Is My Instrument Showing up in Demo Mode?
Either you have not registered your instrument using Native Access or you are running a demo version of the full version of Kontakt. If you are running the demo version of Kontakt, go ahead and grab the free version of Kontakt player here! (for Mac or PC)
I Did Not Receive an Email After My Purchase
Sorry about that. We sent your purchase emails to the email address provided during checkout. If you paid with Paypal, please check the email address associated with your Paypal account. It's also a good idea to check your spam/junk folder.
If you still don't see an email from us, it's possible there was a typo when your email was entered, or your email address has a unique domain that doesn't accept these emails from our server.
Head to our Support page to get in touch with us and we'll happily fix or setup an email address that can receive Output emails.