Powerful Bass Engine
Hear it in action
- Hear It In Action
- SUBSTANCE by Output
- In The Studio With Skizzy Mars & Michael Keenan
- SUBSTANCE with Sweater Beats
- Our Favorite Presets
- In The Studio With Scribz Riley
A completely new breed of bass
Substance is a deeply produced bass engine combining heavily processed electric and acoustic basses, full live brass sections, huge polysynths, the dirtiest analog synths, insane sound design and much more into single patches. The focus is not realistic emulation, it’s about creating new & powerful sounds that push the boundaries of bass.
The Power of Three
A trifecta of heavily processed sound sources layer onto one another in a demonstration of earth-moving low end awesomeness.
How Low Can You Go?
From bass guitars to deep, rumbling drones, no stone was left unturned in our quest for sounds that go real low.
Doing the Most
In addition to three symbiotic sound layers, the SUBSTANCE engine boasts an advanced arpeggiator, flux control, and front-page macro sliders to deepen the experience without sacrificing simplicity.
A Solid Foundation
300 curated presets wait at your beck and call, with an expansion library of 300 additional presets ready for the come up.
Don’t just take our word for it
“Substance bass is insane.”
“Sonically, Substance more than lives up to its name!”
- A playable instrument with 300 presets
- Powerful new 3-layer engine
- Preset menu with smart tagging
- Layer FX and global FX
- 4 central macro sliders unique to each preset
- Monophonic & Legato modes per layer
- Rhythm page that syncs to tempo
- Advanced arpeggiator
- Complete effects control
- Built-in help menu
Mac OS X 10.12 or higher *
Windows 7 or later
At least 4 GB of RAM, 8 GB is recommended
At least 5 GB of free drive space
Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
64 bit DAW is recommended for optimized performance
* (Please note Native Access is required for the activation of our Kontakt based instruments)
Free Kontakt Player
If you own the full version of Kontakt, you can update using Native Access. If you don’t own Kontakt, you can download the free version here.
NI’s Native Kontrol Standard allows all Output products to work seamlessly with Komplete Kontrol keyboards and Maschine, letting you access 1000s of snapshots and quickly dive into sound design with custom mapped control knobs.
- Ableton Live 9.2.2+ / 10.1 (Mac & PC: AU, VST)
- Bitwig 1.3.9 + (Mac & PC: AU, VST)
- Cubase 8 + (Mac & PC: VST)
- Digital Performer 8 + (Mac & PC: AU, VST)*
- FL Studio 12 + (PC: VST, VST3)
- Garageband 10+ (AU)
- Logic Pro 9+ (Mac: AU)
- Native Instruments Maschine 2.4 + (Mac & PC: AU, VST)
- Pro Tools 10.3.5 – 12 (Mac & PC: AAX)
- Presonus Studio One 3.2.2 (Mac and PC: AU, VST, and VST3)
- Propellerhead Reason 9.5+ (Mac & PC: VST)
- Reaper (PC: VST)
- Cakewalk by BandLab (PC: VST3)*
Download the product manual for SUBSTANCE here.
Shop other products
you make music
50 or so musicians, 9 dogs, and at least 4 espresso machines wake up every day in our Los Angeles-based quarantine homes. We make sounds with cutting edge technology so that you can focus on being the creative.