Granular FX Plugin
Hear it in action
- Hear It In Action
- Granular FX Plugin
- In The Studio With HEALTH
- In The Studio with Hudson Mohawke
- Our Favorite Presets
- In The Studio with Anthony Baldino
- Grain Controls
- Modulation, Effects, and Macros
Built to be musical
With PORTAL, granular synthesis takes your sounds to another dimension. Easily alter any audio input – VSTs, drums, vocals, live guitar, you name it – in a new and musical way.
Infinite Ideas In Seconds
Get playable granular effects centered around the music you make to turn one idea into infinitely more.
While in the past, granular sounds have been chaotic and abstract, PORTAL mangles and re-synthesizes your audio into beautiful, useable reconstructions.
Watch It Work
A mesmerizing visual circular XY control is linked to the granular parameters.
Explore The Engine
Dial in the exact sound you want with advanced controls. Use Time Stretch or Pitch Shift to experiment or Humanize for thoughtful envelopes.
Don’t just take our word for it
“I’m hooked already. It is seriously good. It works great on vocals and makes cheap synths sound huge.”
“Might be my favourite Output product yet. It’s like someone handed me a set of cheat codes.”
- 250+ presets for instant playability
- A circular XY Control linked to granular parameters
- Powerful time manipulation engine
- Tempo-synced grain delay
- Scale-based pitch modulation
- 7 built-in FX with an additional master compressor and filter
- Value readout panel for better understanding of controls
- Favoriting feature in Presets menu
- Built-in Tool Tips on Advanced page
- New for v1.2.0: Native Apple Silicon Compatibility for M1, M2 and beyond
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.14 → macOS 13 Ventura
- Apple Silicon M1 or better, Intel Core i5 or better
- PC: Windows 10, Windows 11
- Intel Core i5 and AMD equivalent or better
- 8GB RAM required, 16GB RAM recommended
- 64-bit DAW compatible with AAX, AU, VST, and VST3 plugin-types
- Internet connection for download and product activation
- Installation Space Required – Mac: 465MB, PC: 140MB
Compatible with popular DAWs on Mac or PC that accept 64-bit AAX, AU, VST and VST3 plugin-types, including:
- FL Studio
- Ableton Live
- Pro Tools
- Logic Pro
- Studio One
…And many more.
How do I load Portal in DAW?
After installation, it will appear in your lists of FX Plugins. Note: Unlike many of our other products, Portal is not a Kontakt instrument.
Where is the Portal folder stored on my computer?
Mac: /HD/Library/Application Support/Output/Portal
PC: (C:) ProgramDataOutputPortal
Mac Plugin Folders:
- Component: HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Portal
- VST: HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Portal
- VST3: HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Portal
- AAX: HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Portal
PC Plugin Folders:
- C:Program Files(x86)VSTPluginsPortal
- C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesVST2Portal
- C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesVST3Portal
- C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAvidAudioPlug-InsPortal
- C:Program FilesVstpluginsPortal
- C:Program FilesCommon FilesVST3Portal
- C:Program FilesCommon FilesAvidAudioPlug-InsPortal
How many computers can I activate Portal on?
Portal can be activated on up to four (4) computers simultaneously.
Still Can’t Find Portal Inside Your DAW?
Make sure to install PORTAL on your System Drive, and not another drive that holds your samples. If you do not see PORTAL inside your FX Plugin menu, please do a rescan of your AU/VST/VST3/AAX plug-ins.
Add expansions to Portal
Shop other products
you make music
70 or so musicians, our pets, and at least 4 espresso machines wake up every day and head to our WFH offices to make sounds with cutting edge technology so you can focus on being creative.