The First Truly Modern Vocal Engine
Hear it in action
- Hear It In Action
- EXHALE by Output
- John Nye Performs With EXHALE by Output
- In the Studio with !llmind
- Chris Lake’s First Hour With EXHALE by Output
- Our Favorite Presets
- Sweater Beats Using EXHALE on Hayley Kiyoko
A vocal engine for today's modern sound
As musicians, we’ve always wanted (and could never find) a vocal product that captured the modern sound of today’s records and most creative scores.
We asked today’s most sought-after producers to elicit breathtaking performances from the crème de la crème of session singers, band leaders, and choral ensembles.
Play it Your Way
Thanks to three independent engines, Exhale’s adaptive samples can be utilized as loops, slices, or chromatic sounds. In other words, there’s no way it can’t be played.
Seasoned to Perfection
Through the collective wizardry (and outboard gear) of 21 spectacular sound designers, every raw vocal performance has been souped up to make waves in the modern music scene.
Hard to believe, but this is just a starting point. Fiddle with every imaginable facet, from macros and FX to the loops themselves, and make your sounds go the extra mile.
Don’t just take our word for it
“EXHALE is dope!”
“EXHALE is absolutely insane.”
“EXHALE is vital to any producer's arsenal.”
“EXHALE is a remarkable instrument.”
“I didn't know I needed EXHALE until I got it. Thankful to have this great new library.”
“Every producer should have EXHALE in their studio.”
“Yet another powerhouse from the visionaries at Output.”
“Unique, interesting and beautiful.”
“Truly unique and undeniably modern.”
“Absolutely stunning! A must have tool!”
- 500 Unique Presets
- 3 Modes: Notes, Loops & Slices
- 10 GB raw material
- Custom FX Presets
- Custom Macros Per Preset
- Snapshots for Maschine
- Macro Editing
- Main and Engine Pages
- Automatable Insert and Mod FX
Mac OS X 10.12 or higher *
Windows 7 or later
At least 4 GB of RAM, 8 GB is recommended
At least 10 GB of free drive space
Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
64 bit DAW is recommended for optimized performance
* (Please note Native Access is required for the activation of our Kontakt based instruments)
Free Kontakt Player
If you own the full version of Kontakt, you can update using Native Access. If you don’t own Kontakt, you can download the free version here.
NI’s Native Kontrol Standard allows all Output products to work seamlessly with Komplete Kontrol keyboards and Maschine, letting you access 1000s of snapshots and quickly dive into sound design with custom mapped control knobs.
- Ableton Live 9.2.2+ / 10.1 (Mac & PC: AU, VST)
- Bitwig 1.3.9 + (Mac & PC: AU, VST)
- Cubase 8 + (Mac & PC: VST)
- Digital Performer 8 + (Mac & PC: AU, VST)*
- FL Studio 12 + (PC: VST, VST3)
- Garageband 10+ (AU)
- Logic Pro 9+ (Mac: AU)
- Native Instruments Maschine 2.4 + (Mac & PC: AU, VST)
- Pro Tools 10.3.5 – 12 (Mac & PC: AAX)
- Presonus Studio One 3.2.2 (Mac and PC: AU, VST, and VST3)
- Propellerhead Reason 9.5+ (Mac & PC: VST)
- Reaper (PC: VST)
- Cakewalk by BandLab (PC: VST3)*
Download the product manual for EXHALE here.
Add expansions to Exhale
Shop other products
you make music
50 or so musicians, 9 dogs, and at least 4 espresso machines wake up every day in our Los Angeles-based quarantine homes. We make sounds with cutting edge technology so that you can focus on being the creative.