In order to move one of our libraries to a new location (after you have already activated it in Kontakt), first make sure there are no DAW’s open.
- Quit Native Access
- Next, open up an instance of ‘Finder’ on your computer and go to the following location: Mac HD > Library > Preferences
- In this folder, search for the name of the instrument, such as ‘EXHALE’ (the full file name in this case should be ‘com.native-instruments.EXHALE.plist’).
- Please remove this .plist file by moving it to the trash.
- You will need to enter your computer’s password in order to authorize this change.
- Re-add the Library to Kontakt
- Quit Native Access
Then, you’ll need to manually delete the following Registry entries:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Native Instruments\*Product Name*HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\*Product Name*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Native Instruments\*Product Name*Here’s how to how to access Windows Registry in order to locate and remove the above files:
- Open the Run box with the keyboard combination Windows key + r.
- In the Run line, enter “regedit” (without quotes)
- Click “OK”
- Say “Yes” to User Account Control (Windows Vista/7/8.x/10)
Now you can re-add the Library to Kontakt
1. Open the Kontakt application in standalone
2. Locate the library in the left sidebar of Kontakt’s “Browse” view
3. Click the ‘gear cog’ icon
4. Select “Open containing folder”
A window should appear containing all of your library’s files.
5. Move the library folder containing all of these files, which is named after the title of the product (i.e. “EXHALE”), to the new location you wish for the library to reside. (Do not move any files or subfolders within the library folder itself)
6. Return to Kontakt and locate the library in the left sidebar of Kontakt’s “Browse” view
7. Click the ‘gear cog’ icon
8. Select “Remove library”
* NOTE: If you are copying over the library to another drive, do so, then delete the original.
9. In the same ‘Browse’ view, click the “Add Library” button
10. Locate the library folder in its new location and click “Choose” (do not choose any files or subfolders within the library folder itself).
The library should reappear in the ‘Browse’ view and will reference the new location each time it is loaded.